December 22, 2009
Brunch at the White Dog Cafe. Mmm! Just the thought sends my tastebuds wild. Easily one of my favorite places to eat in University City, the White Dog is known for their fantastic meals, dedication to locally grown ingredients, and wonderful events. And this New Year’s Day, the White Dog continues an annual tradition.
On Friday, January 1st, the White Dog is hosting their Pajama Party Brunch, the 26th one in a row. The special brunch takes place from 10:30am to 2:30, with live music from Greg Wright (a favorite Mummer who plays a mean banjo) and Max Apsley playing sing-along songs on the piano.
And the menu, in traditional White Dog fashion, looks incredible.
- Apple Cider Pumpkin Bisque.
- House Made Belgian Waffles with Sugar Cane Roasted Heirloom Apples, Wet Walnuts, Ginger Scented Whipped Cream and Cider Maple Syrup.
- Seven Stars Yogurt Parfait with Morello Cherry Puree, Organic Granola and Citrus Scented Seasonal Berries.
- CrÃ¨me Brulee Brioche French Toast with Mexican Vanilla Bean Custard, Candied Marcona Almonds, Sun Dried Cherries and Organic Strawberries.
- Chihuahua Steak and Eggs, featuring a duet of Sunny Side Cage Free Eggs, Jack & Cheddar Cheese, Griddled Fresh Corn Tortillas, Sliced Painted Hills Steak, Black Bean Salsa and Ranchero Sauce.
- Smoked Turkey Salad Sandwich with Green Meadow Farms Smoked Turkey Breast, Sun Dried Cherries, Candied Walnuts and Lancaster Heirloom Apples on Brioche
So swing by. Just don’t get dressed up. This is a pajama party, after-all.
The White Dog Cafe
3420 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104