Looking to indulge in a Christmas feast without worrying about grocery lines, cooking, and dish-cleaning? Leave those chores to the professionals and enjoy a delicious Christmas Day meal at some of Philadelphia’s top restaurants.
Check out a few of our picks:
[Note: All Jose Garces restaurants and 13th Street Restaurant Group (Lolita, Barbuzzo, Bindi, etc.) restaurants will be closed Christmas Day, and all Stephen Starr restaurants, except Buddakan, will be closed as well.]
• 10 Arts at the Ritz Carlton: Dine from the à la carte menu or Jennifer Carroll’s magnificent five course holiday tasting menu, $75. Open 5:30 to 9 p.m.
• Liberté at the Sofitel: Enjoy a Christmas buffet, $45 (children 12 and under are half price). Open 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
• Buddakan: Serving the regular à la carte menu. Open 5 to 9 p.m.
• Fountain Restaurant: Dine lavishly at the Four Seasons, with their absolutely epic brunch offered all afternoon and evening. For $103 per person (kids under 12 are half-price, kinds under 5 eat free), expect everything from Belgian waffles to sushi to petits fours. Open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Lacroix: Celebrate Christmas with a holiday-inspired brunch ($79) featuring dishes like house-brined carved ham and gingerbread Ice cream. The restaurant’s traditional brunch items will be also be available. Open 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Divan Turkish Kitchen: Enjoy authentic Turkish cuisine, and remember to BYOB. Open noon to 10:30 p.m.
Bonus: Enjoy a southern-style, hassle-free Christmas feast at home with a “Lone Star Christmas To-Go” menu from Percy Street Barbecue. The take-home package includes a smoked turkey with gravy and cranberries or roast beef with horseradish sauce, plus sides macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, glazed carrots, and braised cabbage. For dessert, pecan or key lime pie. The feast costs $225 and feeds six to eight people. Turkeys and roasts are also available individually for $65 each.
You can also put a tasty spin on your home meal with a few recipes from local chefs in Philly Homegrown’s seasonal guide.