February 24, 2011
UPDATE: Video removed.
Last month, we invited Philadelphia visitors, fans and residents to write our next With Love, Philadelphia XOXO® billboard.
And write they did! We received more than 2,700 entries.
And now we’re ready to announce our Philly-loving winner. You can watch the video, above, counting down ten fabulous love letters and ending with the one we chose as the winner. Look out for the winning With Love line to appear on a billboard later this month along I-95 near the Girard Avenue exit!
Below, some fun facts about the Write-A-Billboard contest.
• The contest received 2,711 entries.
• Entries came from 42 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, and the District of Columbia.
• Popular topics included Philadelphia sports teams, Philly food, the Liberty Bell, historic happenings, Rocky and favorite attractions such as The Franklin Institute, Sesame Place, Longwood Gardens and the Philadelphia Zoo.
• There was one wedding proposal and three anniversary announcements.
• There were 106 submissions with Rocky, but Adrian was only mentioned 19 times.
• After Rocky, Ben Franklin was the second-most name-dropped person at 102.
• Cliff Lee brought in 44 mentions, but his teammates Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels were also big hits. “Phillies” made it into 76 submissions.
• Cheesesteaks got lots of love — the tasty sandwich was mentioned 83 times.
In addition to billboard fame, the winner — Mary K. from Philadelphia — will receive an “All-Star” weekend getaway in Philadelphia, with a Philly Overnight® Hotel Package; a Philadelphia CityPass with tickets to attractions such as The Franklin Institute, Philadelphia Zoo and National Constitution Center; a gift certificate for cheesesteaks at Jim’s Steaks; $100 gift cards for Starr Restaurants and Garces Restaurant Group; and a Historic Philadelphia Package for entrance to Liberty 360, Independence After Hours and more.
Thanks to all of you who submitted your own love letters and sent the contest to your friends and family. This contest made one thing clear — people love Philadelphia back.
And good news: if you really want to submit a billboard With Love line of your own, you still can. Just note that the contest portion of the billboard promotion has ended.
With Love, Philadelphia XOXO® [Visit Philly]