May 11, 2011
Introducing The With Love Beer Garden At The Four Seasons Hotel, A New Pop-Up Beer Garden Coming Exclusively For Philly Beer Week 2011
Everyone loves a great Beer Garden come summertime and it’s no wonder why — take a nice outdoor space, bring along some friends and some gorgeous summer weather, add a few quality beers and snacks and you have a surefire recipe for an excellent afternoon and/or evening out.
Given that, what event is more deserving of its own dedicated beer garden than Philly Beer Week??
And so it is with great pleasure and obvious excitement that we can today announce that we’ve teamed up with our friends at Philly Beer Week and The Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to launch a brand new pop-up Beer Garden in the Four Seasons Hotel’s awesome outdoor courtyard exclusively for Philly Beer Week 2011.
Called The With Love Beer Garden, it will be taking over the courtyard for the week of June 6-10, opening each day at 4 p.m and going until 8 p.m. with beer, food, a little music, some special programming and more.
Each day, a different local brewery will be on hand with some of their featured beers. Beer Garden patrons will be able to “Meet the Brewer,” while enjoying a variety of the featured brewery’s beers at the garden that night. The lineup of brewers will include Victory, Weyerbacher, Dock Street, Sly Fox, Yards and Stoudt’s.
Appropriately enough, we will be launching the With Love Beer Garden on Monday, June 6 with none other than Victory Brewing Company and the re-release party for our mighty Summer Love Ale. Mark your calendars now.
Four Seasons Executive Chef Ralph Gonzalez will be preparing a special menu for the Beer Garden showcasing his interpretations of cook-out favorites.
Look out for delicious dishes like: a “Philly Beef Slider” with Taylor pork roll, American cheese and grilled onions; Steamed New Jersey Clams with garlic and rooftop parsley; Port Richmond Kielbasa Sandwich with Polish mustard; Lancaster Honey-Glazed Organic Chicken Wings; and Shrimp Soft Tacos with avocado, jalapeño and pickled cabbage.
The Foursquare/Facebook Places Promotion
We’ll be at the With Love Beer Garden every night with a special giveaway for any patron who stops by and checks-in to the With Love Beer Garden on Foursquare or Facebook Places. Hint: the giveaway is a perfect complement to our Summer Love Ale. You’ll want one.
So that’s the With Love Beer Garden in a nutshell. Check out the full schedule of guest brewers below. And stay tuned for a lot more info still to come.
• Monday, June 6: Bill Covaleski, of Victory Brewing Company. Guests will experience a first taste of the wildly popular, recently re-released “Summer Love Ale,” brewed in conjunction with GPTMC’s “With Love” marketing campaign. This locally brewed beer (from nearby Chester County) features pale malts, German hops and water from the Brandywine Creek – and will be available in bottles in 29 states, serving as a tasty ambassador for PBW and Philadelphia.
• Tuesday, June 7: Chris Wilson, of Weyerbacher. The brewery will be showcasing their portfolio of large-format 750 mL bottled beers, including “Merry Monks,” “Double Simcoe,” “Tiny,” and their latest offering, “Blasphemy.”
• Wednesday, June 8: Ben Potts, of Dock Street Brewing Company. Dock Street will pour its Bohemian Pilsner,” “Man Full of Trouble Porter,” “Pimp My Rye,” “Bubbly Wit,” and “OMG Pale Ale.” They will also share the first release of their summer Saison Series, a yet-to-be-named brew made with rosemary, basil, oregano and black pepper.
• Thursday, June 9: Brian O’Reilly, of Sly Fox Beer. Featuring a night of canned beer and lawn games, the Sly Fox evening will also include an exclusive taste of “Broederlijke Liefde” (which means “Brotherly Love”), the one-of-a-kind PBW collaboration beer created by O’Reilly last winter at Belgium’s famed De Proef Brouweij. This special saison-style beer is a fond tribute to Philadelphia’s affinity for uncommon Belgian ales.
• Friday, June 10: Tom Kehoe, of Yards Brewing Company, and Carol Stoudt, of Stoudt’s Brewing Company. Together, Kehoe and Stoudt will pour “Brotherly Suds 2,” the second-annual local PBW collaborative brew. Brewed this year at Stoudt’s, the lager was created with 100% German specialty malts, and a blend of German and Domestic hops and the Schmidt’s of Philadelphia yeast strain for fermentation.
Now that Philadelphia is finally getting its share of legit beer gardens — Stephen Starr’s authentic, German-inspired beer garden opening next week, Memphis Taproom’s brand new outdoor beer garden, plus Le Virtu, Cantina Los Caballitos, and Hop Angel Brauhaus — we’re stoked to be adding one more awesome beer garden to the mix, even if it is for only one week.
All we know is that it’s going to be a great, and we mean great, week.
Stay tuned for a lot more info in the weeks to come. And more importantly, mark your calendar…
The With Love Beer Garden
The Courtyard at the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
1 Logan Square