June 29, 2011
Meritage To Host Friday “Farmhouse Feasts” Throughout July, Four Fresh Courses Paired With Organic Wines
Enjoy farm-fresh food in a city street-side setting at Meritage’s new Farmhouse Feasts, Fridays throughout the month of July.
$45 nets you four courses paired with two organic wines, a nominal fee for just-harvested food fresh from Chester and Lancaster Counties, the latter of which Chef Anne Coll is a native.
The deliciously refreshing menu includes:
• Amuse Bouche: Herbed Goat Cheese Pastry with pickled red beet coulis
• First Course: Chilled Cucumber Soup grilled prawn, yogurt and Dill
• Second Course: Seared Cape May Diver Scallops basil emulsion, heirloom tomato, wax beans and herb salad with black olive tapenade
• Third Course: Grilled Grass Fed Flank Steak with smashed new potatoes, charred candy onions, shiitake and tomato confit
• Fourth Course: Rice Pudding with sour cherry compote, sesame tuile
Call (215) 985-1922 for reservations.
Meritage Restaurant & Wine Bar Farmhouse Feasts
Where: 500 S. 20th Street
When: July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
More info: www.meritagephiladelphia.com