With Philly Beer Week just one day away, we’ve shared with you our guides to the week’s festivals, some of the funkiest events on tap, Philly Beer Week dinners and other foodie events and a general Philly Beer Week 101 overview.
One of the week’s main event categories is “Meet the Brewer” nights, which involve getting up close and personal with some of the Philadelphia region’s master brewers as they bring their beers and their know-how to a bar or restaurant for one night.
Of course, our With Love Beer Garden will be Beer Week’s “Meet the Brewer” headquarters; we’re spotlighting a different brewer each night, June 6-10, so you can mix and mingle with the masters themselves as you sip their own beer. The lineup includes Victory, Weyerbacher, Dock Street, Sly Fox, Yards and Stoudt’s.
Check out a few of our other top “Meet the Brewer” picks, below:
• Troegs Tailgate Party at Kite & Key: The Troegs crew will once again take over the house, with the Hammer of Glory making its way through plus great tailgating activities. Recreate the Washington’s Crossing of the Delaware, beer in hand. Friday, June 3, 2 p.m.-2 a.m. Pay as you go.
• Bella Vista Beer Bash at Devil’s Den: The 3rd Annual Bella Vista Beer Bash lets you meet the brewers from Bella Vista Distributors and taste some delicious craft and import beer. Bella Vista drafts and bottles will be on special for the night. Friday, June 3, 7 p.m.-2 a.m. Pay as you go.
• Stoudt’s Beer Brunch at MidAtlantic Restaurant & Tap Room: This Hair of the Dog Beer Brunch features Carol Stoudt of Stoudt’s Brewery. Choose from flight of three Stoudt’s for $6 or six for $10, with plates like crab scrapple, french toast bread pudding, salmon gravlax and more. Saturday, June 4, 11 a.m-3 p.m. Pay as you go.
• An Evening with Shaun Hill of Hill Farmstead Brewery at Tria Rittenhouse Square: Hang with Shaun Hill for an evening of his world renowned beers paired with Jasper Hill Cheeses. From noon to close, one of Tria’s taps will feature successive Hill Farmstead beers. Sunday, June 5, 4-5:30 p.m. Pay as you go.
• Sierra Nevada with Ken Grossman and Father Thomas Davis at Monk’s Cafe: Ken Grossman, owner of Sierra Nevada Brewery, will be on hand for a tasting of their lovingly crafted beers. Father Thomas Davis from the Abbey of New Clairvaux will also be on hand to discuss their joint brewing project. Sunday, June 5, 7-10 p.m. Pay as you go.
We’ve got details on “Meet the Brewer” events at Memphis Taproom, Southwark and more, below.
• Weyerbacher 80s Party at Perch Pub: Meet Weyerbacher’s brewer Chris Wilson and Mike Lubieski as you rock out to the best music of the 80’s. From 5-7 p.m., 12 local craft beers will be on tap for half price, including a great selection from Weyerbacher. Prizes will be awarded for Best 80’s Male or Female Musician look-alike and Best 80’s Retro Dress. Monday, June 6, 5-10 p.m. Pay as you go.
• Wells & Youngs Meet the Brewer Jim Robertson at Memphis Taproom: Help Memphis Taproom welcome Wells & Youngs Head Brewer Jim Robertson back to the States and thank him for sending some of his never-seen-on-this-side-of-the-pond Young’s Ram Rod. Tuesday, June 7. 6 p.m.-12 a.m. Pay as you go.
• Meat & Beer Fest at Southwark: Sample housemade charcuterie and hang with Yard’s founder and owner Tom Kehoe. Sous Chef Nick Macri is preparing special Beer Week cured meats and sausages to pair with Yard’s brews all night. Wednesday, June 8, 5:30-10:30 p.m. Pay as you go.
• Victory Taking Over 35 Taps at City Tap House: Bill Covaleski and the crew will invade City Tap House with upwards of 35 Victory beers on draught at one time, including lots of one-offs and vintage brews. Thursday, June 9, 7 p.m.-2 a.m. Pay as you go.
Check out the official Philly Beer Week guide to “Meet the Brewer” events for the full list.