August 16, 2011
Di Bruno Bros.’ Original Italian Market Location Offers Customizable Private Tasting And Shopping Experiences
How many times have you wandered into Di Bruno Bros.’ original Italian Market location and dreamed of dipping your fingers into the antipasti barrels to fish out a feta cheese-stuffed olive, a marinated mushroom or a fire-roasted tomato?
If you’re like most people, the answer is every time.
Take advantage of Di Bruno’s private tasting/shopping experience, and you’ll have a chance to sample as many gourmet goodies as you like (in a much more civilized way than described above).
It’s easy to take advantage of one of the city’s best-kept happy hour secrets. Here’s how:
• Call the store (see below), and set up an appointment with the store manager. Tastings are available after the shop closes on Monday from 5-7 p.m. and Tuesday through Saturday from 6-8 p.m.
• Gather up eight friends, and pony up $100 bucks total. It’s $20 for every person after number eight — a steal any way you slice it.
• Show up to Di Bruno’s hungry — very, very hungry. You’ll start out with free reign over the antipasti bar, which Di Bruno employees will guide you through with a knowledge and passion that will have you filling out a job application before you go.
You’ll sample pickled garlic, seafood salad, white anchovies, caper berries, stuffed artichokes, olives of all sorts and loads of other appetizers sure to make you think you’ve died and gone to antipasti heaven.
Next, you’ll be treated to your guide’s favorite meats and cheeses from around the world. And then, if and only if you wore your elastic pants, you can request to taste anything in the store that doesn’t need to be cooked — perhaps an olive oil, a vinegar, a cheese spread, whatever your taste buds beckon.
• Bring your own wine or beer. Your know-it-all guides will know exactly what to pair with it.
• Take home your favorite treats for 10% less than marked. (!!)
You’ll go home feeling crazy for capocolla, tickled about all things pickled and hopelessly devoted to Di Bruno’s. Call (215) 922-2876 to set up your own happiest happy hour.
Di Bruno Bros Italian Market
930 S. 9th Street