COOK, the state-of-the-art kitchen-classroom from Audrey Claire Taichman, owner of Audrey Claire and Twenty Manning Grill, has officially announced its November class schedule.
From a Thanksgiving Feast with Supper Chef Mitch Prensky (November 8) to Classic French Cuisine with Pierre Calmels of Bibou (November 14), the classes run the gamut of every conceivable cuisine and style.
Classes sell out super quickly, so take a look at the offerings and make reservations A.S.A.P. Insider tip: also be sure to keep up with COOK’s Facebook page for updates on last-minute discounts and available seats.
A few November COOK class highlights:
• Gone Fishin’ with Terence Feury of Fork: Tuesday, November 1, 7 p.m. Fork’s Terence Feury, 2010’s Best of Philly winner for Best Chef, will kick off November with a special class for seafood-lovers. He’ll demonstrate a handful of sustainable dishes you can prepare at home.
• Chocolate 101 with Christopher Curtin of Éclat Chocolate: Thursday, November 10, 7 p.m. From Food & Wine to Vogue to Best of Phill 2010, Christopher Curtin’s award-winning chocolates and truffles have been getting lots of attention. Chris will talk about the raw ingredients of chocolate and the manufacturing process while teaching how to make ganache. Chris will also be bringing and the extremely rare Pure Nacional chocolate, thought to have been extinct for the past 100 years. Dinner will be served at this class.
• Festivus for the Rest of Us with David Katz of Meme: Monday, November 21, 7 p.m. Join Chef Katz for a creative version of a holiday feast. As an alternative to the usual Thanksgiving turkey or Christmas ham, Chef Katz will roast a leg of lamb and a rack of pork, plus give you inspiration for some more unusual side dishes.
• Oink! Oink! A Head to Tail Dinner with Jon Cichon of Lacroix: Tuesday, November 22, 7 p.m. Lacroix’s Executive Restaurant Chef since 2010, Chef Cichon will prepare a head-to-tail pig feast. He’ll talk about the different parts of the pig and how they can be used to minimize waste while creating a delicious multi-course menu.
• Spaghetti Bolognese with Georges Perrier of Le Bec-Fin: Tuesday, November 29, 7 p.m. French master Le Bec-Fin chef Georges Perrier is also a genius when it comes to Italian cooking. He’ll be demonstrating how to make his homemade Spaghetti Bolognese for 16 lucky guests. And then you get to eat it.
Check out the rest of the full lineup below, and read descriptions of each online.
Rittenhouse & 20th Streets
• Tues 11/1, 7 p.m.: Gone Fishin’ with Terence Feury of Fork
• Thurs 11/3, 7 p.m.: I Heart Mushrooms with Gianluca Demontis of Melograno
• Sun 11/6, 3 p.m.: Foobooz Presents: Holiday Baking with Norrinda Brown of Brown Betty Dessert Boutique
• Mon 11/7, 7 p.m.: Contemporary Comfort Food with Nicholas Elmi of Le Bec-Fin Hosted by Michael Klein
• Tues 11/8, 7 p.m.: A Thanksgiving Feast with Mitch Prensky of Supper
• Thurs 11/10, 7 p.m.: Chocolate 101 with Christopher Curtin of Éclat Chocolate
• Fri 11/11, 7 p.m.: Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams with Kyle Bernstein of Petrossian
• Sun 11/13, 5 p.m.: Brining and Curing Holiday Meats with Chris Allen of Lotus Farm to Table
• Mon 11/14, 7 p.m.: Classic French Cuisine with Pierre Calmels of Bibou
• Tues 11/15, 7 p.m.: Artisan Cheese Making with Patrick Feury of Nectar
• Wed 11/16, 7 p.m.: Sumptuous Seitan Dishes with Michael Cassady of Michael’s Savory Seitan
• Thurs 11/17, 7 p.m.: Seasonal Fall Fast, Fresh and Simple Dinner with Hope Cohen of TCN’s “Fast, Fresh and Simple”
• Fri 11/18, 7 p.m. Foobooz Presents: Mas Tacos with Tom McCusker of Honest Tom’s Tacos
• Sat 11/19, 1 p.m.: Cooking with Tea Featuring Alexis Siemons of Teaspoons & Petals
• Sun 11/20, 1 p.m.: A Traditional Italian Sunday Supper with Sal Vetri
• Mon 11/21, 7 p.m.: Festivus for the Rest of Us with David Katz of Meme
• Tues 11/22, 7 p.m.: Oink! Oink! A Head to Tail Dinner with Jon Cichon of Lacroix
• Fri 11/25, 7 p.m.: A French Classic: Beef Bourguignon with Peter Woolsey of Bistrot La Minette
• Mon 11/28, 7 p.m.: Philadelphia Magazine and Foobooz Present: Holiday Cocktails with Jillian Encarnacion and Resa Mueller of Twenty Manning Grill
• Tues 11/29, 7 p.m.: Spaghetti Bolognese with Georges Perrier of Le Bec-Fin