Center City District Restaurant Week returns for its annual winter edition, January 22–27 and January 29–February 3, during which you can relish three-course meals for $35 in 124 restaurants and three-course lunches for just $20 in 54 of the participating destinations.
Personally, we think the opportunity to fine dine during the day for just $20 is a steal. So below, we present our top picks for restaurants offering lunch for Center City Restaurant Week:
• 10 Arts: 10 Arts Bistro by Eric Ripert at the Ritz-Carlton specializes in American cuisine with an emphasis on sustainable, locally grown ingredients. What results is a sophisticated dining experience that’s both worldly and home-grown. See the Restaurant Week lunch menu here.
• Amada: Iron Chef Jose Garces’ first Philadelphia restaurant never fails to deliver. Lunch for just $20 at one of the top-booked restaurants in the city? Don’t mind if we do. See the Restaurant Week lunch menu here.
• Barbuzzo: Philadelphia Magazine’s Best Dessert and Best New Restaurant of 2011, Marcie Turney and Valerie Safran’s Barbuzzo just won’t stop cleaning up the awards. Here’s a hint as to why: the place is addictively delicious. See the Restaurant Week lunch menu here.
• Buddakan: Immensely popular, Buddakan is a restaurant that is great for both large parties and intimate dinners. When it comes to lunch? Now that’s something special. Treat yourself. See the Restaurant Week lunch menu here.
• The Farmers’ Cabinet: The fairly recently opened Washington Street West rustic American restaurant The Farmers’ Cabinet offers delicious hand-crafted cocktails, live local music and fare that will leave you craving more even after you clean your plate. See the Restaurant Week lunch menu here.
• Liberte Lounge at the Sofitel: Featuring a flavorful French menu from Executive Chef Kevin Levett and extensive beverage selections from head mixologist Marc Yanga, Liberté has become one of Center City’s hottest destinations. See the Restaurant Week lunch menu here.
• Tequilas: Take Restaurant Week as the opportunity to join the always-joyful-looking lunchers at Tequilas, an elegant Mexican joint right in Center City that offers tempting margaritas and a lengthy menu that includes not one unsatisfying dish. See the Restaurant Week lunch menu here.
• Zahav: A modern Israeli restaurant, Zahav — which means gold in Hebrew — offers authentic, award-winning Middle Eastern fare in a family-style dining setting typical of the region. See the Restaurant Week lunch menu here.
Center City District Restaurant Week
When: January 22–27 and January 29–February 3, 2012
Where: Restaurants throughout Center City
Cost: dinner for $35, lunch for $20
More info: www.centercityphila.org