April 16, 2012
Philly Tech Week 2012 Set For April 23-28, A Celebration Of Technology And Innovation In Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s week-long celebration of local technology and innovation, brought to you by Technically Philly, is upon us.
The second annual Philly Tech Week, April 23-28, is packed full of talks, seminars, workshops and happy hours all with the common goal of growing and uniting the Philadelphia region’s technological impact through collaboration, innovation and building a better Philadelphia.
Philly Tech Week 2011 included 65 events across a broad range of technology industries with more than 4,000 attendees and 35 participating sponsors.
Here’s a taste of just some of the awesome events on this year’s Philly Tech Week schedule:
• Startup Weekend: April 20-22, University of the Arts. Tech Week kicks off April 20 with Startup Weekend, an intensive 54-hour event bringing together local designers, developers and non-technical creative types that culminates in a mobile/web application serving as a jumping off point for a new business.
• Women in Tech Symposium: April 21, 9 a.m.-6 p.m., The Wharton School. April 21 marks Philadelphia’s inaugural Women in Tech Symposium at Wharton. This event features a day of panels, presentations and various workshops appealing to women currently working technology, those who are interested in entering the field, and everyone in between.
• Indy Hall Block Party: April 22, 1-7 p.m. Indy Hall. Yep, exactly what it sounds like. The Kickoff Weekend party takes the form of a good old fashioned block party on North 3rd Street on Sunday.
• Philly Uncubed: April 23, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., World Cafe Live. A new kind of tech fair, Philly Uncubed brings recruiters from more than 70 startups and job candidates together for a day of drinks, music, games and networking.
• Behind the Philadelphia Eagles NFL Draft: April 23, 6 p.m., Apple Store. Join the Eagles at Content Strategy Philly for a look behind-the-scenes at how the franchise’s web team will put together compelling content during the NFL Draft, which takes place during Philly Tech Week. The team will showcase its daily, live web-only video series, social media strategy and how it measures and meets online metrics of success.
For the calendar, click here.
Philly Tech Week 2012
When: April 23-28
Where: Locations throughout the city
Cost: Mostly free
More info: www.phillytechweek.com