April 4, 2012
The Porch At 30th Street Station To Host Free Spring Programming Including A Farmers’ Market, Lunchtime Music, Pop-Up Opera And More
The Porch at 30th Street Station is an exciting new public space at one of Philadelphia’s most important gateways, with colorful tables and chairs, pretty plantings and lots of trees.
The 40-foot wide, block-long pedestrian plaza is a wonderful green addition to a key urban junction connecting Center City and University City, where you can eat lunch, read a book or enjoy free programming this spring, such as:
• Lunchtime Serenade: Every Tuesday from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. enjoy live solo accordion music.
• Forrest Yoga and Pilates with Studio 34: Join yoga and pilates instructors from West Philadelphia’s Studio 34 every Thursday from noon–1 p.m.
• Pop-up Opera: Hear beautiful music that will delight new and old opera fans alike. Performed by members of Center City Opera Theater’s Young Artist Program, this interactive event will make passersby a part of the stage every noon on Fridays April 6, May 11 and June 1.
• Zumba with Drexel Fitness: Every third Wednesday, April through October, from 5:30–6:30 p.m., you can take Zumba class at The Porch courtesy of Drexel Fitness. Zumba fuses international rhythms and easy-to-follow dance moves to create a dynamic dance workout.
• The Porch Farmers’ Market: Farm to City and UCD present a weekly farmers’ market featuring the best in local and fresh foods and more, Wednesdays 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Click here for a full calendar of events.
The Porch at 30th Street Station
Market Street side of 30th Street Station