May 1, 2012
The Flyers and Sixers both continue their action-packed playoff runs tonight, with the Flyers facing off against the New Jersey Devils at 7:30 p.m. and the Sixers battling the Chicago Bulls at 8 p.m.
We’ve hand-picked a few fun places to catch either game (or harass the bartender into toggling between the two) on a giant projector, since Philadelphia sports fans like to do it like their athletes: go big or go home.
Most importantly: Go Flyers! Go Sixers!
• Dock Street Brewery: The West Philadelphia craft beer and pizza mecca is playing the Flyers game on their giant projector tonight. Enjoy happy hour beers and discounted pizzas.
• Piazza at Schmidts: It’s the Flyers on the jumbotron tonight outdoors at the Piazza in Northern Liberties.
• Chickie’s and Pete’s: Both games will be shown at the Chickie’s and Pete’s South Philly flagship location, which shouldn’t be a surprise given the presence of three large 14′ x 10′ flat screens situated among a multitude of strategically placed TVs.
• Xfinity Live: Head down to the sports complex for the Pre and Post game parties including live music, great food and drink specials and dunking of Chicago Bulls fans at the outdoor plaza. There’s a 32-foot LED screen in the central court, plus countless other TVs across five bars and restaurants.
• McFadden’s at Citizen’s Bank Park: Despite the proximity to the Phillies, McFadden’s will actually be playing both the Flyers and Sixers games as well. They’ve got more than 30 hi-def plasma screen TVs, huge projector screens, full bar and a solid American pub food menu.
• McGillin’s Olde Ale House: Watch the games on any of the eight hi-def, supersized TVs and two projector screen TVs.
NHL PLayoffs Round 2, Game 2: Flyers vs. Devils
When: Tuesday, May 1, 7:30 p.m.
More info: www.nhl.com
NBA Playoffs: Round 1, Game 2: Sixers vs. Bulls
When: Tuesday, May 1, 8 p.m.
More info: www.nba.com