July 18, 2012
South Street Headhouse District Presents “The Dog Days Of Summer,” Six Days Of Hot Dog Celebrations, July 19-23
Did you know that July is National Hot Dog Month?
Even though the month is half over, the hot dog celebrations are just getting warmed up.
The fun kicks off tomorrow, July 19 and will continue through Monday, July 23 for National Hot Dog Day. Due to the extreme heat and approaching thunderstorms, tonight’s opening event is being officially postponed until Sunday, July 22 at 1 p.m.
One high point in particular is The Dog Days of Summer Block Party, taking over the 600 block of South Street on Sunday, July 22 with tons of family-friend activities and a magic show from South Street Magic.
Don’t forget to dress up your pup as a hot dog for the “Hot Dog” Costume Contest! Winners will receive prizes from Hot Diggity and Pet Snobs.
Also, hot dog masters can enter the Hot Dog Topping Competition. You can create your own topping for the chance to be feature on Hot Diggty’s menu. Rules and registration info can be found online.
Here’s the full schedule of hot dog celebrations:
• Thursday, July 19: Hot Dog Happy Hours at Supper (926 South Street) and Brauhaus Schmitz (718 South Street) from 5-7 p.m.
• Friday, July 20: Gallery Reception for Hot Dog Art Opening featuring Hawk Krall at Hot Diggity (630 South Street)
• Saturday, July 21: Chill by the Grill at The Twisted Tail (509 S. 2nd Street) from 3-7 p.m.
• Sunday, July 22: The Dog Days of Summer Block Party on the 600 block of South Street from 12-5 p.m.
• Sunday, July 22 Lighting of the historic Levis sign at 517 S. 4th Street at 1 p.m. and the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile’s 76th Birthday Celebration.
• Monday, July 23: Gus’ Hot Dog Stand (5th and South Streets) presents a history of the Hot Dog Cart at 12 p.m.
Participating businesses, below.
The Dog Days of Summer
When: Thursday, July 19-Monday, July 23
Where: Various locations throughout the South Street Headhouse District
Cost: Pay as you go
More info: www.southstreet.com
Artful Dodger, 400 S. 2nd Street
Bistro Romano, 120 Lombard Street
Brauhaus Schmitz, 718 South Street
Bridget Foy’s, 200 South Street
Copabanana, 344 South Street
Famous 4th Street Deli, 700 S. 4th Street
Hot Diggity, 630 South Street
Jon’s Bar & Grille, 300 South Street
Johnny Rockets, 443 South Street
Steaks on South, 308 South Street
Supper Restaurant, 926 South Street
Twisted Tail, 509 S. 2nd Street
Wooly Mammoth, 430 South Street