September 4, 2012
Starr Restaurant Organization has come up with half a dozen reasons to have some added fun in September with a slew of back-to-school specials to enjoy before sharpening those pencils.
Check it out:
• Frankford Hall: The Fishtown beer garden makes traveling a bit more affordable as they pass out free Septa tokens — lunch money for the college crowd — Wednesday, September 12. Get in line while enjoying late night happy hour specials, 9 p.m.-2 a.m.
• Pizzeria Stella: For the month of September, the Headhouse Square pizzeria and bar pours guests a complimentary glass of Sgropinno with the purchase of a margherita pizza. The slushy Italian beverage — a delicious mixture of lemon sorbet, vodka and prosecco — is the perfect refresher for end-of-summer days.
• El Vez: Like a back-to-school sale, the Mexi eatery and watering-hole slices 10% off your entire check when visiting them in Midtown Village, now through Thursday, September 13.
• Route 6: Starr’s newest restaurant offers diners 20% off their coastal, seasonal-inspired appetizer plates. Enjoy crab deviled eggs, steamers, chicken fried lobster tails and more when ordering now through Saturday, September 15.
• Pod: Already in session, the University City spot rolling out Pan-Asian cuisine dices up a three-course, back-to-school menu for a cool $29. The prix-fixe treat is offered only at dinner through Wednesday, September 12.
• El Rey: The diner turned kitschy Mexican-border resto passes out free chips with salsa verde and salsa roja to patrons through Sunday, September 9.
Stay tuned right here for more back-to-school coverage.