September 25, 2012
Get Free Admission To 20 Philadelphia Museums On Smithsonian Museum Day, Saturday, September 29, Including The Penn Museum, Rosenbach, Constitution Center And More
In the spirit of Smithsonian Museums, which offer free admission every day, Smithsonian Museum Day, also known as Museum Day Live!, is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine in which participating museums across the country open their doors for free.
This year’s Smithsonian Museum Day is this coming Saturday, September 29, with an impressive 20 participating museums in the Philadelphia area. Plan your weekend accordingly.
Note that in order to get into the museums for free, you must present the Museum Day Live! ticket, which you can download and print right here. Each Museum Day Live! ticket is good for two.
Check out the full list of Philadelphia area museums offering free admission this Saturday, September 29, below.
Smithsonian Museum Day 2012
When: Saturday, September 29
Where: 20 Philadelphia museums
More info: www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday
• Abington Art Center (Jenkintown)
• The African American Museum in Philadelphia
• American Swedish Historical Museum
• Athenaeum of Philadelphia
• Brandywine River Museum (Chadds Ford)
• Bucks County Civil War Library & Museum (Doylestown)
• Chemical Heritage Foundation
• Fireman’s Hall Museum
• Historic St. George’s
• Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA)
• National Constitution Center
• National Liberty Museum
• National Museum of American Jewish History
• Penn Museum
• Philadelphia Art Alliance
• Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
• Rosenbach Museum & Library
• The Academy of Natural Sciences
• The Print Center