The Philadelphia Collection, a week-long series of independently-produced local fashion and style events, will take place once again throughout the entire city of Philadelphia from Thursday, September 13 to Thursday, September 20.
The fashion-themed event series is important in helping to place Philadelphia on the national fashion map, a place it’s earning through the growth of the local boutique scene, the impressive work being created by locally bred designers and the influx of major fashion brands (we’re looking at you, Intermix).
In addition to 100+ trunk shows, designer sales, open houses and fashion shows, the Philadelphia Collection includes signature events like Phashion Phest, FBH The Agency’s Ready to Wear Runway Show and Macy’s Fashion Show featuring the Philadelphia Fashion Incubator. Below, take a look at the major happenings during the Philadelphia Collection and mark your calendar.
• Fashion’s Night Out: Thursday, September 6, 6-11 p.m., Joan Shepp, 1616 Walnut Street, Free admission. This year’s Philadelphia Collection kicks off with a preview event on September 6. The Accessories Council has selected Philadelphia as host city for this annual worldwide shopping event, brainchild of famed Vogue editor Anna Wintour. Joan Shepp is the event headquarters, but shops throughout Philadelphia will be participating (stay tuned for more details).
• Rittenhouse Row Fall Gathering: Thursday, September 20, 7-9 p.m., Comcast Center, 1701 JFK Boulevard, $25 in advance and $30 at the door. Rittenhouse Row’s annual celebration of fall returns on Thursday, September 20 inside the beautiful Comcast Center. The event celebrates fall fashion and mixology trends and will feature a fashion show with the fall’s trendiest looks from Rittenhouse Row’s boutiques, modeled by your favorite familiar Rittenhouse Faces, with hair and make-up by Sephora. There will also be a cocktail competition with the season’s hottest cocktails mixed by Rittenhouse Row’s most talented bartenders.
• Duke & Winston Showroom Grand Opening: Thursday, September 13, 633 N. 2nd Street, Free. This event will be the official opening of the Duke & Winston Showroom, featuring the brand’s new fall line, appetizers and cocktails.
• Fashion Crawl SCVNGR Hunt: Saturday, September 15, 1-4 p.m., starting location is 18th and Walnut Streets, $200 for a team of four. Fashion and philanthropy join forces for a “Tour-de-Philly” celebrating the city’s famed retail destinations. Teams of four will compete for the grand prize, a chance to win an ultimate vacation getaway from Rosenbluth Vacations and of course, bragging rights. Entry fee is $200 per team, and includes the SVNGR Hunt, Vacation Raffle and two-hour Open Bar After Party at Alfa. Proceeds benefit Variety: The Children’s Charity of Greater Philadelphia.
Lots more, below.
• Phashion Phest: Wednesday, September 19, 7 p.m., The Shops at Liberty Place, 1625 Chestnut Street, $50 in advance, $60 at the door, $25 for students. “Phashion Phest”, the Delaware Valley’s premier fashion and beauty event showcasing upscale retailers, salons, accessory boutiques and related businesses, celebrates its 19th year this fall at The Shops at Liberty Place. More than 1,000 guests and participants gather every year for a lavish cocktail reception and an extraordinary, high energy fashion show of the latest fall trends in the Philadelphia market. Tickets are available online.
• Valanni’s Sixth Annual Fashion Show: Wednesday, September 19, 10 p.m., 1229 Spruce Street, Free. Valanni’s “Boy Meets Girl” Fashion Show is a lively fashion event featuring a runway that extends out of the restaurant on to Spruce Street. Head out for an evening of live music, drink specials and spectacular fashion by local designers.
• SA VA Harvest Moon Outdoor Runway Show: Wednesday, September 19, 6-8 p.m., 1700 block of Sansom Street, Free. Check out SA VA’s fall collection at this annual outdoor runway show on Sansom Street outside SA VA’s headquarters. The event is free and open to the public. Limited VIP tickets are available and include runway seating, one free raffle entry, VIP goody bag and an invite to the after party at Liberte Lounge in The Sofitel Hotel to meet and mingle with designer Sarah Van Aken. Surrounding neighbors will participate in outdoor vending and entertainment with DJ and special guest speakers. The event will benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southeastern PA. Purchase tickets here.
• Macy’s Fashion Show featuring the Philadelphia Fashion Incubator: Thursday, September 20, 5:30 p.m., 1300 Market Street, Free. Join Macy’s Center City and celebrity host Kara Laricks, NBC “Fashion Star” winner, for an unforgettable runway show featuring The Philadelphia Fashion Incubator designer labels: Aso Damisi, D’Agostino Fashion Textile Design, Heartless Revival and Kaitlyn Elizabeth. The designers-in-residence will debut their spring 2013 collections in a collaborative fashion event that also spotlights Macy’s fall style trends. Shop the featured looks after the event and enjoy makeovers from Macy’s Center City beauty partners.
And there is so much more in addition to the above. Check out the full event listings online.
The Philadelphia Collection 2012
When: September 13-20
Where: Locations throughout the city
More info: www.thephiladelphiacollection.org