September 13, 2012
Tonight Picks: Philadelphia Collection Kicks Off, PHS Pop-Up Garden Happy Hour, Northern Liberties SIPS And Social, Phillies And More
[Evenings in Philadelphia are always action-packed, and we want to help you cherry-pick from all the events and activities going on. On certain days that promise particularly bustling evenings, we round up our selections for the most can't-miss pursuits with which to fill your schedule. See you out there!]
The weather is once again completely gorgeous, plus it’s the kick-off of the week-long fashion extravaganza The Philadelphia Collection, so be sure to get out and enjoy the city tonight. Grab drinks outdoors, enjoy an alfresco dinner, hang out in one of the city’s beautiful parks. We’ve got a few suggestions for you, below; make sure to also follow us on Twitter for up-to-the-minute details on what’s going on in the city tonight (and every night).
• The Philadelphia Collection Opening Night: Philadelphia’s week-long fashion fete, The Philadelphia Collection, kicks off today with the Duke & Winston Showroom Grand Opening, A Day in Paris at Joan Shepp, a free screening of Versailles ‘73 and so much more. Check out our overview guide here, and official event listings here.
When: September 13-20
Where: Locations throughout the city
• PHS Pop-Up Garden Happy Hour: Enjoy happy hour in the gorgeous PHS Pop-Up Garden on Walnut Street, for the benefit of City Harvest.
When: Thursday, September 13, 5-8 p.m.
Where: 1905-1915 Walnut Street
• Northern Liberties SIPS and Social: From 5 p.m. to midnight, get $2 beers, $3 drinks, $4 wines and $5 select appetizers at PYT, Gunners Run, King’s Oak & Darling’s Diner. Plus, there will be a fun Kids Concert at The Piazza, sponsored by A Full Plate, 6-7 p.m., and the jumbotron will be screening the Phillies vs. Astros game at 8:05 p.m.
When: Thursdays, 5 p.m.-midnight
Where: Northern Liberties bars and restaurants
Cost: Pay as you go
• Phillies vs. Astros: The Phillies’ winning streak is now at seven games; cheer on the Phils tonight as they match up against the Astros. Let’s make it eight in a row. GO PHILLIES!
When: Thursday, September 13, 8:05 p.m.
Where: Minute Maid Park, Houston
More Tonight Picks, below.
• Our Top Picks For The Best Places To Watch The Sunset In Philadelphia: Make it a night to remember by planning your evening around a scenic view of the sunset.
• Outdoor Dining: Grab happy hour, dinner or drinks outdoors tonight. Check out Uwishunu’s Alfresco Dining Guide 2012, sorted helpfully by rooftop, sidewalk or courtyard/patio dining, and further by neighborhood.
• Meet the Maker: Luna Farm Dinner at JG Domestic: Enjoy three delicious courses and dessert at Jose Garces’ JG Domestic courtesy of local farm Luna. Check out the full menu here. There are a few spots left; call (215) 222-2363 for reservations.
Where: 2929 Arch Street
When: Thursday, September 12, 6:30 p.m.
• Pairings on the Parkway at Sister Cities Park: Every Thursday from August 2-October 25, the newly opened Sister Cities Park at Logan Square will host “Pairings on the Parkway.” Each week, the park invites you to bring your own bottle of wine and enjoy this great new green space while Milk & Honey Cafe helps you find cheeses and other goodies to pair perfectly with your selection. Sounds like a perfect summer night.
Where: Logan Square, 18th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
When: Every Thursday from August 2-October 25
Cost: Pay as you go