October 4, 2012
OutFest 2012 Lands In The Gayborhood This Sunday, October 7: Bar Crawl, Live Music, Flea Market, Dance Party, Sports Zone, Games And Much More
Every fall, Philadelphia celebrates National Coming Out Day with OutFest, a huge block party in the heart of the Gayborhood, featuring drag shows, games, bar crawls, live music and shopping.
Philadelphia was one of the first cities to organize around National Coming Out Day on a large scale by creating a block party to showcase the many facets of the community.
Today, Philadelphia’s OutFest celebration is the largest Coming Out Day celebration in the entire world. Here’s why:
• This years festival includes more than 100 organizations, community groups and vendors, more than ever before, boasting discounts and specials, fun giveaways and important information.
• Contests run the gamut, from a high heel race to a bagel eating contest to a fun derby inflatable horse race to a pumpkin carving competition.
• You can dance the day away in multiple areas of the Gayborhood, whether it’s the Homo Hoe Down on Camac Street, Youth Dance Stage with Maria V. at 12th and Spruce Streets, Dance Party in front of Tabu on 12th Street or Bikestop’s block party with a DJ.
• Crafts and shopping are two more reasons to attend OutFest, whether you pop into any of the Midtown Village shops around the festival or browse the stalls of the craft bazaar and flea market.
• OutFest takes over the entire Gayborhood, 11th Street to 13th Street, Walnut Street to Spruce Street, with specials and events at nearly every bar, restaurant and shop in the entire festival radius.
It’s a huge weekend for the Gayborhood, with the 2012 Midtown Village Fall Festival on Saturday, and OutFest on Sunday. Done and done.
When: Sunday, October 7
Where: Throughout the Gayborhood; Main Stage is located at 13th and Locust Streets
More info: www.phillypride.org