November 20, 2012
Roundup: How To Support Local Philadelphia Boutiques And Shops On Small Business Saturday, November 24
Small Business Saturday is a national initiative spearheaded by American Express that devotes the Saturday after Thanksgiving to supporting the local small businesses that create jobs, boost the economy and preserve neighborhoods around the country.
Last year, more than 100 million people across the country came together to “Shop Small.” This year is your chance to do so right here in Philadelphia.
Not sure where to start? Check out our guide to the many retail events and store happenings in various neighborhoods around the city this Saturday, November 24:
• Sa Va: Spend $25 or more on your American Express card and receive $25 back on your AmEx. Don’t have an AmEx card? No worries! Additionally, Sa Va is having their own promotion; spend $25 using any form of payment other than AmEx and receive a $25 gift card.
• Christmas Village of Philadelphia: Channeling Germany’s open-air Christmas markets is Philadelphia’s own Christmas Village at Love Park, presenting guests with the best of American and European Christmas with food, drinks, shopping, carolers and more. The village is open for a full month, from November 24 (Small Business Saturday) to December 24. Shop ’til you drop at the dozens of booths at the Christmas Village.
• Kembrel: Philadelphia’s favorite affordable and hip pop-up shop is also offering customers great discounts on Small Business Saturday. Receive 30% off your in-store purchase with code KEMSMLBIZ. It’s as simple as that.
• Arcadia Boutique: Arcadia Boutique will be offering a store-wide discount of 20% on Small Business Saturday at both their Northern Liberties and Rittenhouse Sqaure locations. Along with the discount, refreshments will be available for guests’ enjoyment.
• Absolute Abstract: All weekend long all Loft purchases at Absolute Abstract will be supersized! What does that mean? If you choose a small size image it will be upgraded to a medium, if you choose a medium size image it will be upgraded to a large. Choose from the shop’s 10,000 images. Talk about a good deal.
• Mitchell & Ness: From November 24-26, Mitchell & Ness will be holding a Small Business Saturday sale with all of the fixings — in store and online. Join the mailing list from now through November 22 and receive secret discount codes for online purchases right to your email.
Keep reading for Small Business Saturday events and deals in Old City, Chestnut Hill, Manayunk and more.
• Smak Parlour: On Small Business Saturday at Smak Parlour, enjoy an extension of their Black Friday festivities. From 11 a.m.-8 p.m. shop all of the latest fashions while getting into the holiday spirit. Get your gifts wrapped for free while enjoying ginger snaps and apple cider. Also, a free pair of gloves will be given away with every purchase of $40 or more. Smak Parlour is teaming up with Toys for Tots, so bring a toy to donate this Small Business Saturday.
• Three Sirens: From noon-6 p.m. get an exclusive look into gorgeous holiday and party dresses at a trunk show at Three Sirens boutique. Eli Aroshas, the former owner of Liatali Boutique on South Street, will feature his own holiday and party dress designs along with his picks from the shop. Find the perfect dress for you! If none of the styles on display fit your fancy, Eli can custom design a dress just for you. Enjoy champagne, friends and a day of fashion.
• Third St. Habit: Spilling over into their Small Business Saturday event is a continuation of their Black Friday event-40% off of all Isabel Marant Etoile merchandise. Small Business Saturday marks the last day to shop this great deal, so go out and support local business!
• East Passyunk: East Passyunk shops will be participating in the hugely popular Small Business Saturday. Head down to the avenue to catch great deals while supporting local business. Shops include Metro Men’s Clothing, NEXT (on the ave), Era Atomica, Bianca Simone, Coco Lu’s, A Star Is Born, Bella Baby Boutique and more.
South Street West
• South Street West: From the same people who brought you the super fun Bloktoberfest is a Small Business Saturday event called “Shop Small: Shop Local.” All day long, there will be discounts and specials at the area’s favorite stops. Purchase gift certificates to the best restaurants in South Street West, delicious holiday pies from Magpie, gluten-free sweets at Sweet Freedom, goodies from Betty’s Speakeasy, presents for your pup at Doggie Style and much more. Then, decompress from shopping at one of the neighborhood’s great watering holes, like Bob and Barbara’s, Jet Wine Bar, The Cambridge, Ten Stone or Grace Tavern.
• Main Street Manayunk: Not only will you be supporting local business and receiving a discount while doing so, but Small Business Saturday in Manayunk also offers many other fun activities for all. Have your presents wrapped at the gift wrapping station, get your picture taken with Santa and more.
• Vamp Boutique: All tights and shirts will be 20% off on Small Business Saturday at Vamp Boutique. Treat bags will be given out on a first come, first serve basis, so get there early.
• The Spiral Bookcase: Get ready to stock your bookshelves (and your friends and family’s too!). From 10 a.m.-9 p.m. enjoy discounts and promotions at The Spiral Bookcase.
• Trolley Car Diner & Trolley Car Cafe: On Small Business Saturday at both Trolley Car Diner and Trolley Car Cafe, treat yourself as well as someone on your Christmas list. Buy a gift card and receive one for yourself. Spend $100 on gift cards and receive a $10 gift card for yourself, spend $200 on gift cards and receive a $37.50 gift card, and spend $500 on gift cards and receive a $100 gift card.
• Gravers Lane Gallery: All day long on Small Business Saturday, treat yourself to unique jewelry, hand blown glass, paintings and more at Gravers Lane Gallery. Like many other shops in the country, they have teamed up with American Express to offer faithful customers deals that are almost too good to be true.
• Indigo Schuy: The Chestnut Hill women’s active wear shop partnered with American Express for Small Business Saturday. Spend $25 or more on your American Express card and receive $25 back on your AmEx.