November 30, 2012
Roundup: Where To Watch The Philadelphia Episode Of Anthony Bourdain’s The Layover, Airing This Monday, December 3 At 9 P.M.
Everyone’s still excited about Anthony Bourdain’s trip to Philadelphia a few months ago, when he ate at some of the city’s favorite restaurants, toured some of the best museums and hung out with some of our great chefs, too.
He lost a game of rock, papper, scissors to acclaimed Chef Michael Solomonov of Zahav, Federal Donuts and Percy Street Barbecue and caught after-dinner drinks with Han Chiang of Han Dynasty and Peter McAndrews of Paesano’s.
In between meals, he took a tour of the brand new Barnes Foundation, Mutter Museum and more.
After much anticipation, the Philadelphia episode of Bourdain’s show, The Layover, is airing this Monday, December 3 at 9 p.m. on the Travel Channel.
Restaurants and bars around the city are just as excited as we are, and a few are even hosting special viewing parties for fans to check out the episode.
Here’s a roundup of places to catch the show while enjoying the company of others and some great drink specials.
Stay tuned for additions to the list as they come in, and be sure to follow Uwishunu on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news on the Philadelphia episode of The Layover and all other things Philly.
• Alla Spina and Amis: Chef Marc Vetri of Alla Spina and Amis had the pleasure of breaking bread with Anthony Bourdain while he was in town. Alla Spina and Amis are both hosting viewing parties at 9 p.m. There will be drink specials upon drink specials at both locations.
• Johnny Brenda’s: Philadelphia Distilling is teaming up with Johnny Brenda’s for your drinking and viewing pleasure. The Layover will be played upstairs on the big screens. The event starts at 8 p.m. Bluecoat Gin and Penn 1681 Rye Vodka will be flowing all night, and $2 of each cocktail will be donated to The Food Trust.
• Dirty Frank’s Bar: Bourdain visited Dirty Frank’s while he was in the City of Brotherly Love. The Washington Square West dive bar is hosting a viewing party at 9 p.m. to pay homage to their famous customer. It is home to a bunch of drink specials, so head out to Dirty Frank’s to take advantage of the specials and a chance to watch Anthony Bourdain in Philly.
• Han Dynasty: Bourdain popped into Han Dynasty while he was in Philly, so Han Dynasty University City will be hosting a viewing party at the bar, December 3 at 9 p.m. Nosh on some of the same meals and drinks that Bourdain did while enjoying drink and food specials all event long.
• Pen and Pencil Club: After losing a game of rock, paper, scissors, our famous friend had to drink a shot of hot dog water at the Pen and Pencil Club. The venue that provided him with the shot of not-so-tasty water is hosting a viewing party tonight from 8-10 p.m. Not only is the Pen and Pencil Club holding a viewing party, but a viewing pizza party — yum! The kitchen will be closed so they’ll be ordering fresh pizza for all guests. Come out tonight and watch the Pen and Pencil Club, the nation’s oldest press club, on national TV.