Well, what can we say?
Philadelphia was a TV star last night on Anthony Bourdain’s The Layover on the Travel Channel. And it was excellent.
In case you weren’t following along with us on Twitter as we live-tweeted the show, or even if you were and just want to revel in the awesomeness, we’ve pulled together some of the best quotes from the episode, a few of which you can see for yourself in the clip above.
Let us know in the comments which was your favorite.
• Chef Michael Solomonov: “What do you think the single best thing is about Philly?” Anthony Bourdain: “The attitude.”
• “There will be no cheesesteak in this show. Let me say that right up front.” — Anthony Bourdain, in the intro to the show
• “That’s what the Lipitor is for. I crush it up into my cereal every morning.” — Anthony Bourdain, after sandwiches at Paesano’s
• “”New York is a place where people go to reinvent themselves; Philadelphia is a place where people discover who they are.” — Chef Peter McAndrews to Bourdain over dinner at Amis
• “Cheers to Philadelphia!” — Anthony Bourdain, Chef Peter McAndrews, Chef Han Chiang at Dirty Frank’s
• “Those are laudable qualities in any great city.” — Anthony Bourdain to Chef Michael Solomonov about Philly’s “chutzpah.”
• “Art, art, everywhere art.” — Anthony Bourdain about the Philadelphia art scene
• “If I were to relieve one museum of all its collection, it would be this one, The Barnes collection.” — Anthony Bourdain, while touring The Barnes Foundation
• “I just want to make Philadelphia awesome. I love it here. This is where I’m raising my family.” — Chef Marc Vetri to Bourdain over dinner at Zahav
• “We’re going to need a tall shot of hot dog water.” — Chef Michael Solomonov at Pen & Pencil after beating Bourdain in a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors
• “I finally made it after all. And I’m glad I did.” — Anthony Bourdain
We are too, Tony!
The Layover [Travel Channel]