Well, what can we say?
Philadelphia was a TV star last night on Anthony Bourdain’s The Layover on the Travel Channel. And it was excellent.
In case you weren’t following along with us on Twitter as we live-tweeted the show, or even if you were and just want to revel in the awesomeness, we’ve pulled together some of the best quotes from the episode, a few of which you can see for yourself in the clip above.
Let us know in the comments which was your favorite.
• Chef Michael Solomonov: “What do you think the single best thing is about Philly?” Anthony Bourdain: “The attitude.”
• “There will be no cheesesteak in this show. Let me say that right up front.” — Anthony Bourdain, in the intro to the show
• “That’s what the Lipitor is for. I crush it up into my cereal every morning.” — Anthony Bourdain, after sandwiches at Paesano’s
• “”New York is a place where people go to reinvent themselves; Philadelphia is a place where people discover who they are.” — Chef Peter McAndrews to Bourdain over dinner at Amis
• “Cheers to Philadelphia!” — Anthony Bourdain, Chef Peter McAndrews, Chef Han Chiang at Dirty Frank’s
• “Those are laudable qualities in any great city.” — Anthony Bourdain to Chef Michael Solomonov about Philly’s “chutzpah.”
• “Art, art, everywhere art.” — Anthony Bourdain about the Philadelphia art scene
• “If I were to relieve one museum of all its collection, it would be this one, The Barnes collection.” — Anthony Bourdain, while touring The Barnes Foundation
• “I just want to make Philadelphia awesome. I love it here. This is where I’m raising my family.” — Chef Marc Vetri to Bourdain over dinner at Zahav
• “We’re going to need a tall shot of hot dog water.” — Chef Michael Solomonov at Pen & Pencil after beating Bourdain in a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors
• “I finally made it after all. And I’m glad I did.” — Anthony Bourdain
We are too, Tony!
After nine seasons, Anthony Bourdain finally made it to Philadelphia, where he played rock, paper, scissors with Chefs Marc Vetri and Michael Solomonov, knocked back a shot of pickle juice, marveled at a nine-foot-long colon and much more. (Photo courtesy The Layover on the Travel Channel)
The Layover [Travel Channel]