2012 is just about over, and with 2013 just hours away, it’s a great time to take a look back at the highs of the year. Of which there were plenty.
If you read Uwishunu regularly, or even if it’s your first time on the site, you know how much we love vibrant photos of Philadelphia.
So here’s a look at some of Philadelphia’s finest moments of the year, in photography form. We think you’ll be just as proud of our city as we are.
• The NHL Winter Classic at Citizens Bank Park
• The Academy of Music Turns 150
• Zoe Strauss at the PMA
Many, many more highlights from the year below.
• Van Gogh at the PMA
• Bruce Opens at the Constitution Center
• Renovated Independence Hall Clock Tower Unveiled
• The 2012 Flower Show
• Xfinity Live Opens in South Philadelphia
• Academy of Natural Sciences Turns 200
• The Philadelphia Science Festival Returns
• The Barnes Opens on the Parkway
• Sister Cities Park Opens
• Morgan’s Pier Opens
• Dead Sea Scrolls Opens at the Franklin Institute
• Light Opens at Longwood Gardens
• Shake Shack Opens in Rittenhouse Square
• The MLS All-Star Game Takes Place at PPL Park
• The Rodin Museum Re-opens
• Uwishunu Hosts An Outdoor Movie Screening In Rittenhouse Square
• The Two-Day Made In America Music Festival Hits The Benjamin Franklin Parkway
• Open Air Illuminates the Skies Above Philadelphia
• The Hotel Monaco Opens in Historic Philadelphia
• Harry Potter Weekend Returns to Chestnut Hill
• The Philadelphia Marathon Is Bigger Than Ever
• Anthony Bourdain Does An Episode On Philadelphia
• The Holidays in Philadelphia