February 5, 2013
Below are some of our top picks for restaurants in Philadelphia offering special Valentine’s Day dinners for you and that special someone. They are sure to help set the mood with decorations, flowers, music, etc. so that you and your sweetheart can have a wonderful Valentine’s Day dinner.
Be sure to make your reservation in advance.
• Ela: Ela is offering two Valentine’s Day dinners. The first, is a four-course, dine-in meal for $65 per person and is offered on February 14 and 15. An optional wine pairing is available for $25. The second, is a take-home meal consisting of a salad, soup, lobster, steak and a dessert available for $100. The meal feeds two and includes complimentary champagne for you and your lover. The full menu for both options is available here.
• Sbraga: For those who are celebrating Valentine’s Day with some theater action on Avenue of the Arts, Sbraga is the place for you (and the place for non-theater goers too). From 5-10 p.m. on February 14, head to Sbraga for their Valentine’s Day sweetheart menu. Iron Chef winner, Kevin Sbraga has prepared a menu featuring shared plates that are sure to fill both you and your partner up. The full menu is available here. Guests can also arrange to have a floral arrangement ready for their sweetheart when they arrive at the restaurant.
• Fork: For $85 a head, Old City’s Fork is providing guests with a four-course meal full of farm-fresh items from their modern American bistro menu. Stop in for scallops, steak, lobster, pumpkin tortelloni, and more. All are paired with ingredients that will make your heart sing. The Valentine’s Day menu is available here.
• R2L: Center City’s favorite sky-high restaurant is offering a Valentine’s Day menu with great food and great views. R2L which is located on the 37th floor of Two Liberty Place, is providing Valentine’s Day guests with a three-course dinner for $75 per person. Impress your sweetheart with citywide views and delicious food. The full menu is available here.
• Amada: Indulge in some tapas this Valentine’s Day at Chef Jose Garces’ Spanish tapas restaurant, Amada. Guests get to choose from two tasting menus, costing either $60 plus a $30 wine pairing or $75 plus a $45 wine pairing per person. Both menus incude four-courses of tasty small plates. The full menu is available here.
• 10 Arts: If you’re looking to impress, head out to 10 Arts where guests will enjoy a decadent six-course (seven including dessert) Valentine’s Day dinner. The tasting menu is available by itself for $195 per couple, and for $275 per couple add the champagne pairing as well. Take up this opportunity to dine in candle light with your sweetheart. The menu highlights include lobster and prawn ravioli, petite aged ribeye and chocolate creme brûlée, yum. The full menu is available here.
• Square 1682: Hotel Palomar’s Square 1682 is serving a romantic dinner all Valentine’s Day weekend long. From Thursday, February 14-Saturday, February 16, the restaurant will be providing love-struck couples with a sharing menu off of their a la carte menu. Prices vary. In addition to this Valentine’s dinner, Square 1682 is providing guests with another cool dinner offer. On Sundays and Mondays in February, guests will receive half-price bottles of wine or a complimentary dessert per couple.
You can find more romantic dining options, below.
• Lacroix: Indulge in a bit of French food this Valentine’s Day. Lacroix is serving up a five-course tasting menu along with optional wine pairings with each course. The folks at Lacroix are providing diners with the finest seafood and meat paired with accents to make mouths water. The meal costs $125 and the optional wine pairing costs an additional $75. If you’re looking to impress your date, Lacroix is the spot for you.
• Garces Trading Company: Valentine’s Day dinner will not dissappoint at the award-winning Garces Trading Company. Treat your taste buds to European-inspired food for $55 per person. If you’re looking to drink some wine as well, an optional wine pairing is available for $20 per person. Diners will enjoy a four-course meal of farm-fresh food. Check out the tasty full menu here.
• Liberté: The Sofitel’s Liberté lounge is hosting a delicious Valentine’s spread. For $75 per person, indulge in a four-course Valentine’s dinner finished with a glass of champagne. Indulge in everything from cheese fondue to filet mignon to baked sea bass at this delicious dinner.
• JG Domestic: JG Domestic is offering guests two tasting menus this Valentine’s Day. From February 14-16, choose from a $65 or $85 tasting menu, both full of drool-worthy farm to table food. The full menu is available here.
• Chifa: Chef Jose Garces is serving up two Valentine’s Day menus at Chifa. For either $60 or $75 per person, nosh on a four-course meal prepared especially for you on Valentine’s Day. Wine pairings are available for $30 and $45 as well. The full menu is available here.
• Pub and Kitchen: The British-inspired spot is offering Valentine’s Day guests a four-course prix fixe dinner for $35. Guests can also enjoy an optional $14 beverage pairing. For those looking for Pub and Kitchen’s regular fare, their full menu will be available as well.
• Rittenhouse Tavern: Rittenhouse Tavern is hosting two separate Valentine’s Day dinners. The first seating is from 5-6:30 p.m. and includes five delicious courses. The five-course meal costs $65 per person. The second seating is from 7-10 p.m. and includes seven courses. Spots for the 7 course meal are $85 per person.
• Lolita: Lolita, 13th Street’s BYOT (Bring Your Own Tequila) restaurant is providing guests with a three-course meal for $45 that will pair perfectly with your bottle of tequila in tow.
• Twenty Manning Grill: On Valentine’s evening, Twenty Manning Grill is offering a four-course meal for $60 a pop, and for $27 more, sip on wine pairings with your meal. After your delicious meal, take a stroll through nearby Rittenhouse Square for some extra romance. Check out Twenty Manning Grill’s Valentine’s Day menu here.
• Red Owl Tavern: Hotel Monaco’s Red Owl Tavern is providing Valentine’s Day diners with a couple of awesome promotions. Indulge in a five-course dinner at Red Owl Tavern for $65 per person. Diners can combine their five-course dinner at Red Owl Tavern with an evening at Hotel Monaco’s Stratus Rooftop Lounge for $200 per couple. The Stratus Lounge promotion includes a table on the roof and strawberries and champagne to enjoy while checking out the elevated view of Philadelphia.
• The Farm and Fisherman: On Valentine’s Day, and the two days after, The Farm and Fisherman will be serving a Valentine’s Day dinner. The four-course meal costs $69 a person, and on February 15 and 16, guests will also have the option of ordering off of a two-course a la carte menu as well.
• Oyster House: Oyster House is satisfying your Valentine’s Day seafood craving with a four-course menu for $55 per person. The menu consists of oysters, scallops, lobster and a s’more brownie to top it all off. Yum. If you’re craving something else from Oyster House, no need to fear, the a la carte menu is available as well.
• Vedge: Vegetarians and vegans, this one’s for you. Vedge, one of Philadelphia’s favorite vegetarian restaurants, is hosting a veggie-friendly four-course Valentine’s Day dinner. The dinner is $55 per person with an optional wine pairing for $35 per person. The full menu is available here. Reservations are required, but are accepted by phone only. Call 215-320-7500 to secure your spot.
• London Grill: London Grill, a Fairmount favorite, is hosting a Be Our Valentine dinner from February 14-17. They will be serving up a three-course meal for $35 with an optional beer or wine pairing for $15. In addition to the prix fixe menu, London Grill will also be serving food off of their regular menu. The Be Our Valentine menu is available here.
• Rouge: Rittenhouse Square’s Rouge is providing diners with scenic views of Rittenhouse Square and a delicious Valentine’s Day meal. From Thursday, February 14-Saturday, February 16, Rouge will be serving up a few special additions to their menu. Indulge in some lobster ravioli, veal osso buco or an Australian rack of lamb. In addition to these special items, chocolate covered strawberries will be given to each guest as a complimentary dessert.
• Mercato: Join the folks at Mercato for an Italian Valentine’s Day meal. Sit down for a four-course meal for $65 per person. The restaurant is BYOB, so be sure to bring a bottle of wine to pair with your dinner. The full menu is available here.
• Talula’s Garden: Both the Chef’s tasting menu and the regular menu will be available for Valentine’s Day diners at Talula’s Garden. There will be an assortment of meat, veggies, cheese and dessert available.
• Moshulu: Enjoy a romantic dinner on the water this Valentine’s Day. The Moshulu is serving a four-course dinner Valentine’s diner. This is the perfect dinner for those looking for some extravagance. The dinner will be offered from 6-10 p.m for $95 and from 4-5:45 p.m. for $80. The earlier time also includes a complimentary bottle of wine for each table (!!!). The menu is full of the fresh seafood and meat that the Moshulu is known for. The full menu is available here. The four-course meal will also be available on February 15 and 16.
• Pumpkin: Bring a bottle of wine to this favorite BYOB and enjoy four delicious courses at Pumpkin. Support local meat and produce in this farm to table meal. The dinner costs $75 per person.
• Sabrina’s Cafe: All of Sabrina’s locations – Italian Market, Fairmount and University City, are serving up a Sweetheart Dinner, a three-course meal with options for everyone. This affordable Valentine’s Day dinner is $35 at the Fairmount and Italian Market locations and $25 at the University City location. Remember to bring along your favorite bottle of wine if you’re visiting the Fairmount or Italian Market location, both of which are BYOB.
• Talula’s Table: Grab a delicious meal from Kennett Square’s Talula’s Table to take home and enjoy with your Valentine. The meal for two costs $100 and includes delicious items like lobster pot pie, a cheese selection and a chocolate selection.
• Ristorante Panorama: From February 8-17 stop by Ristorante Panorama at Penn’s View Hotel for a three-course dinner for $40 per person. The meal includes your choice of any appetizer, entree and dessert off of the restaurant’s full menu.