June 21, 2013
Philadelphia Parks And Recreation Presents Summer Movies In Parks All Over The City, All Summer Long
This summer, catching a movie in the great outdoors is seriously a cinch.
Over the weekend, The Awesome Fest supplies Philadelphia with flicks from the ’80s in Northern Liberties and out at Parx Casino.
Next week and beyond, look out for films to be screened in neighborhood parks in all different parts of the city on select days throughout June, July and August.
Grab your picnic blankets, beach chairs and be sure to pack movie snacks to pair with the free evening screening.
From Lower Mayfair Playground to Dickinson Square Park to Penn Treaty Park, neighborhood parks all over welcome the screenings for heightened summer energy.
Friday, June 28 marks the next flick. Head to Hawthorne Park to catch a free screening of whimsical film Where The Wild Things Are.
Future movies include blockbusters The Avengers, Brave and The Guardians. Celebrate warm summer nights at any number of the participating parks.
All films begin at dusk which is about 8 p.m. in June and July, and 8:30 p.m. in August. The full schedule of movie dates, films (some are TBD) and locations is available, below.
Philadelphia Parks And Recreation’s Neighborhood Park Movies
When: Various dates
Where: Various parks
More info: www.phila.gov
• Thursday, June 27 at Pelbano Recreation Center – The Guardians
• Tuesday, July 9 at Penn Treaty Park – The Amazing Spiderman
• Thursday, July 11 at Crispin Gardens AA Fields – Madagascar 3
• Monday, July 15 at Fox Chase Recreation Center
• Thursday, July 18 at Overington Park – The Avengers
• Thursday, July 25 at Fisher Park Playground – Brave
• Tuesday, August 6 at Dickinson Square Park
• Wednesday, August 14 at Lower Mayfair Playground Park
• Thursday, August 15 at Overington Park