Summer evenings bring a fair share of dining deals for folks looking for tasty options to pair with the balmy nights of July and August.
Major dining discounts abound this summer in Philadelphia, so now is a better time than ever to get out there and try a new restaurant or visit an old favorite.
Dine on a dime at some of the city’s most loved spots this summer with affordable deals ringing in every night of the week. Indulge in a seafood feast, a margarita heavy meal or a surf and turf pairing under a major summer discount.
Read on for our top picks for this summer’s dining deals.
• Barbecue Night at Lolita: Mondays through July 29. Before Lolita, Midtown Village’s popular bring your own tequila restaurant, undergoes a two-month renovation, sit down for barbecue night, a Monday night tradition that brings a family-style feast to the table. For $25 per person, indulge in sweet, sour and spicy barbecue ribs, grilled hangar steak, shrimp Alambre, watermelon and jicama salad, barbecued beans, jalapeño cornbread and Mexican street-style corn. In typical Lolita fashion, BYOT for blood orange, lime or guava margaritas for an additional cost.
• Lobster Mondays at Route 6: Mondays through Labor Day. Enjoy a tasty lobster feast at Route 6 every Monday evening throughout the summer. Three courses make up the menu that offers guests a variety of options for just $37. Highlights include lobster tails, a one-and-a-half-pound lobster, caesar salad, lobster bisque and an assortment of desserts. For those coming with a particularly big appetite, upgrade to a two-pound lobster for an additional $8.
• All-You-Can-Eat Crabs At For Pete’s Sake: Mondays through Labor Day. For Pete’s Sake recently launched an evening of all-you-can-eat crabs. For $25, indulge in all of the crabs your stomach can handle, or enjoy single crabs for $4 a piece.
• Pizza and Salad Meal Deal at Slice: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays through Labor Day.: Each month this summer, Slice debuts a new signature pizza. This month, enjoy a rucola and pistachio pizza. In August, enjoy a sausage and peppers pizza. To spread the signature pizza wealth, Slice offers a special meal deal on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays through Labor Day. Take home a large signature pie and a large salad for $24.95. The deal is available at the Rittenhouse Square location and the Italian Market spot.
• Taco Tuesday at Lolita: Tuesdays through July 30. Your Tuesday night taco craving is here to be satisfied by Lolita. Every Tuesday, until the renovations begin in August, $20 gets you a variety of tacos — from chicken to veggie to fish, rice, beans, salsa and more. Diners are also invited to bring their own tequila to this BYOT spot for freshly-squeezed margaritas.
• Summer Harvest Dinner at R2L: Tuesdays through August 27. Each week, R2L brings a different theme to the table as part of its Summer Harvest meals. A soaring 37 floors above street level, enjoy a meal featuring one fresh summer ingredient interpreted in a number of different ways to make up a four-course meal. The tasty seasonal ingredient changes each week, and next up is tomatoes on July 23 followed by eggplant on July 30. The meal rings in at $45 per person with an optional wine and cocktail pairing for $25 per person.
• Twin Lobster Dinner at Oyster House: Wednesdays through August 28. Wednesday evenings at Oyster House mean the return of Twin Lobster Dinners, a light meal for two (or a super-filling feast for one). For $26, enjoy two steamed lobsters weighing in at one-pound each, freshly drawn butter for lobster dipping and corn on the cob — a solid summer staple.
• Summer Vacation Wednesdays at Twenty Manning Grill Wednesdays through August 28. From 5 to 7 p.m. every Wednesday evening, Twenty Manning Grill invites your taste buds on an international trip for a true flavor explosion. Enter summer vacation Wednesdays, a special boasting a “friendly hour” and a $25 tasting menu from a different corner of the world each week. Tasty destinations range from Mexico to Singapore to Canada.
More dining deals, below.
• Lobster Tail Wednesday at Seafood Unlimited: Wednesdays through Labor Day. Head to Rittenhouse Square’s Seafood Unlimited for its Wednesday evening lobster deal. Enjoy a 7 ounce lobster tail and two sides for $19.
• Lobster Lovers Menu at Stella Blu: Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays through Labor Day. Stella Blu in Conshohocken serves up fresh lobster by the bucketful this summer. A variety of lobster-themed eats fill the speciality menu. We can’t wait to dig in to the lobster mac and cheese, lobster gazpacho, lobster roll sliders and the grilled lobster tail.
• Surf and Turf Dinner at Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House: Everyday through Labor Day. Nosh on Del Frisco’s renowned steaks at a major discount every night this summer. The multi-course surf-and-turf meal begins with a Caesar or blue cheese wedge salad, followed by the turf — an eight-ounce filet mignon and the surf — your choice of a crab cake with cajun lobster sauce, tangy barbecue spiced shrimp or seared lemon garlic scallops with fried capers and five fresh sides. The best news? This all rings in at just $49 per person.
• $5 Sandwiches at Shank’s Original: Everyday through July 31. Get one of Shank’s Original’s famous sandwiches and a soda for just $5 a piece this July. Choose from a small chicken cutlet Italiano, chicken parmesan, chicken tropea or chicken cutlet hoagie and walk out with a full stomach and wallet.
• Summer Sausages at Ants Pants Cafe: Thursdays through Labor Day. In celebration of the warm summer evenings, Ants Pants Cafe serves up sizzling sausages on most Thursday evenings in the summer. From 6 to 8 p.m. save your pennies (literally) and grab a barbecue sausage paired with fried onions, bread and your choice of sauce for $1. Guests are encouraged to BYOB and hang outside. Call ahead to make sure the $1 treats are available.
• Snow Crab Leg Dinner at Gypsy Saloon: Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, through Labor Day. Snow crab legs and Old Bay fries are the subject at Gypsy Saloon every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening this summer. For $25, feast on one and a half pounds of snow crab legs, yum. For an additional $10, also indulge in fresh shrimp at the Conshohocken haunt.
• Fish Fry at Oyster House: Saturdays through August 31. An $18 bowl of fried seafood makes its way to the tables of Oyster House every Saturday this summer for a brand new meal. Indulge in a full bowl of crispy, fried seafood, think shrimp, oysters, calamari and flounder paired with tartar sauce, lemons and fried green tomatoes from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday from July 13 through August 31.
• Tierra y Mar at Isabella’s: Thursday, Friday and Saturday through August. Isabella’s provides summer diners with a Mediterranean take on a surf and turf meal. Enjoy filet mignon, a lobster tail a seasonal vegetable and your choice of a flavorful sauce for the meal.
• Moules and Frites at City Tap House: Sundays through August. University City’s City Tap House opens its doors to two summertime staples every Sunday in the summer months. Its Moules and Frites (mussels and fries) Sunday evening special includes a pint of Yards Saison, hand-cut fries and your choice of a variety of fresh mussels for $15. The deal begins at 5 p.m.
• Buy One Get One Margarita Pitcher at Lolita: Sundays through July 28. Pack up your favorite tequila and bring it to Lolita on Sunday evenings for its buy one, get one summer deal. For the price of one pitcher, guests are given an additional margarita pitcher to wash down their Mexican fare.