Explore everywhere from the Penn Museum's Sphinx gallery to Signers' Hall at the National Constitution Center on September 28 for free as Smithsonian Magazine presents a day of free admission at hundreds of museum's across the country. (Photo courtesy Penn Museum)
Calling all history buffs, art buffs and general museum buffs.
On Saturday, September 28, more than 15 museums in the Greater Philadelphia area are opening their doors for free in celebration of Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live!, returns with a full day of free admission at museum’s across the country.
The event brings the spirit of the always-free Smithsonian museums to tons of institutions all across America.
Interested? Click here to register, download and print your Smithsonian Museum Day ticket. Tickets are valid for free admission for two people. Note that free admission will only be granted to those with a Museum Day Live ticket in-hand. So don’t forget to register.
Check out the full list of Philadelphia-area museums offering free admission this Saturday, September 28, below, or click here.
Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day Live! 2013
When: Saturday, September 28
Where: Participating museums
More info: www.smithsonianmag.com
• Abington Art Center (Jenkintown)
• The African American Museum in Philadelphia
• American Philosophical Society Museum
• American Swedish Historical Museum
• Athenaeum of Philadelphia
• Brandywine River Museum (Chadds Ford)
• Chemical Heritage Foundation
• Historic St. George’s
• National Constitution Center
• National Museum of American Jewish History
• Penn Museum
• Philadelphia Art Alliance
• Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
• Rosenbach Museum & Library
• Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College (Swarthmore)
• The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
• The Print Center
• Wyck Historic House and Garden