September 23, 2013
Liberté Lounge At The Sofitel Philadelphia Celebrates The Grape Harvest Season With French Wine Week, September 23-27
Bonjour, Francophiles. This week, Sofitel Philadelphia, the French-born luxury hotel, celebrates the French tradition of vendanges, or “late harvest,” with a week-long fete at its Liberté Lounge.
With its first pours today, September 23, French Wine Week continues through Friday, September 27, at all 120 Sofitel hotels worldwide, including the chic Philadelphia location.
Lovers of varietals from Bordeaux, Bourgogne, Languedoc, Loire and the Rhône should visit the lounge for both à la carte glasses of French wines, as well as happy hours and tastings with wine experts all week long.
At 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, a different wine expert will be on-hand in the lounge to pour and speak about a type of French wine.
Tonight, for instance, learn about the Grand Vins de Bourgogne wine with expert Antoine Coudreuse. For the complete schedule of wine-fueled events this week, see below.
In addition to the flowing vin this week, look for pairings from chef Jim Coleman, who will be pairing wine flights with local cheeses and bites. Each evening will include a special wine flight pairing highlighting a different French wine region, with the flights ranging from $8 to $15.
A votre santé!
French Wine Week
When: Monday, September 23 through Friday, September 27; wine events, 5 p.m.
Where: Liberté at Sofitel Philadelphia, 120 S. 17th Street
Cost: Pay as you go
More info: www.sofitel.com
• Monday, September 23,: Grand Vins de Bourgogne wine with expert Antoine Coudreuse
• Tuesday, September 24: Saha Lichine wine with expert Greg Cohen
• Wednesday, September 25: Bordeaux wine with experts Stephen Menei and Nick Smith
• Thursday, September 26: Beaujolais Region wine with expert Frank Taormina
• Friday, September 27: Maison Nicolas Potel wine with experts Clifford Lewis and Octavio Ruggieri
• Saturday, September 28: du Nord au Sud wine flight with expert Nick Smith