It’s Tax Day, Philadelphia, which means some may feel a slight pinch in the pocketbook from Uncle Sam.
To alleviate some of that financial stress, though, many local spots offer up one-day-only events, deals and freebies.
For those in search of a sweet Tax-Day deal, Philadelphia restaurants, hotels and a couple attractions welcome tax payers with discounts and more.
Here are a handful of ways to spend Tax Day in and around Philadelphia.
• National Constitution Center: For those looking to turn Tax Day into a teaching moment, spend the day at the National Constitution Center on Independence Mall. All day, the center hosts a variety of free-with-admission programming exploring the “sense” of taxes. Check out the tax machine exhibit for a visual depiction of just where tax dollars go, or see The Most Famous Tax Protest in History: The Story of the Boston Tea Party, an interactive show.
When: Tuesday, April 15, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Where: 525 Arch Street
Cost: Free with admission
• Rosa Blanca: Chef Jose Garces’ new Cuban diner, Rosa Blanca, gets in on the tax-day relief with a special deal today to help launch a new delivery service via a custom-made trike bike. From 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. today, tax payers in need of a dining deal can order delivery from Rosa Blanca through Grubhub or Seamless and receive free delivery and a 15-percent discount on the delivery order.
When: Tuesday, April 15, 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
Where: 707 Chestnut Street
Cost: Pay as you go
• Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse: To take the edge off of filing taxes — or maybe to celebrate a whopper of a return — head to Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse in Center City today for two Tax Day-inspired cocktails at $12 a piece. Choose from The Taxman, a citrus-mint refresher made with Hendrick’s gin, or the 1099, a heady mix of Jack Daniels whiskey, St. Germain, triple sec and Angostura bitters.
When: Tuesday, April 15
Where: Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse, 1426 Chestnut Street
Cost: Pay as you go
• Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel: Those who’ve officially signed off on their taxes for the year should make time for a little reward. Today, the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel offers tax payers complimentary 10-minute hand massages in the lobby and $15 bottles of select wines at Tavern 17 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Both offers are first-come, first-served and based on availability.
When: Tuesday, April 15, 4-7 p.m.
Where: Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel,
Cost: Free massage, $15 bottles of wine
• Hotel Palomar Philadelphia: For all of the accountants out there working right up until the last moment, Kimpton’s Hotel Palomar Philadelphia rewards number crunchers with a tax-relief happy hour package. For $35, tax professionals can enjoy butler passed hors d’oeuvres and a two-hour open bar catered by Square 1682 available from today, April 15, through April 30.
When: April 15-30
Where: Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, 117 S. 17th Street