Raise your glass toward the sunshine!
Parks on Tap is officially returning for its second season of al fresco food and drinks at a different Philadelphia park every week starting on Wednesday, May 17.
PARKS ON TAP FAST FACTS
- Parks on Tap runs on select dates from May 17-October 1.
- The roving beer garden makes stops at 20 parks in the area.
- Admission to the parks is free; food and drinks are available as you go.
The warm-weather series — created by the folks at Fairmount Park Conservancy, Philadelphia Parks & Recreation and FCM Hospitality — debuted last year to encourage more people to visit the city’s great parks. The roving beer garden returns to some of the parks from last year’s series and adds some new ones for 2017. The series will hit 20 city parks in all from May through October.
The Parks on Tap season kicks off on Wednesday, May 17 at 1 p.m. at the verdant Azalea Garden behind the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Expect cold drinks, tasty food and prime views of the impressive garden. Parks on Tap will remain at the Azalea Garden through Sunday, May 21.
For Memorial Day weekend (and a few days before the weekend), the pop-up attraction moves to the FDR Park Boathouse (May 24-29) in South Philly, and, from there, continues to pop up in great public spaces through October 1. Throughout the season, the warm-weather attraction visits Belmont Plateau (yes, skyline views!), the Strawberry Mansion Bridge, Clark Park, Pretzel Park, Penn Treaty Park and more.
The food and drink menus at each pop up feature Saint Benjamin Brewing Company’s exclusive Park Pale Ale, barbecue, frozen lemonade and watermelon coolers and so much more.
Special happenings like yoga and fundraiser happy hours are also on tap for each stop.
Be sure to check out another major player in Philadelphia’s al fresco drinking and dining scene.
Parks on Tap Jr.
In addition to the main roving beer garden, Parks on Tap Jr. brings drink-fueled pop ups to other places in the city. On Wednesdays through August 30, Swann Fountain at Logan Square is home to a five-hour happy hour (5 to 10 p.m.) with $5 drinks; on Thursdays, June 29 through August 31, the Office of Arts, Culture and the Creative Economy teams up with Parks on Tap for a Thursday happy hour featuring live performances and drink deals.
On Friday nights through August 25, happy hour is for the dogs (and their owners) as Barks on Tap returns to parks like Pretzel Park, Schuylkill River Dog Run and more. On Sundays from July 9 through August 27, the Twilight Music Festival (a series of live concerts and a pop-up beer garden) debuts along MLK Drive near the dragon boat docks. The music festival lineup throughout the summer features groups like Sun Ra Arkestra, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and more.
See below for the full Parks on Tap schedule, or click here.
- May 17-21: Azalea Garden
- May 24-29: FDR Park Boathouse
- May 31-June 4: Belmont Plateau
- June 7-11: Matthias Baldwin Park
- June 14-18: Columbus Square
- June 21-25: Paine’s Park
- June 28-July 4: Strawberry Mansion Bridge
- July 5-9: Shofuso Japanese House & Garden
- July 12-16: Schuylkill Banks
- July 19-23: Jefferson Square Park
- July 26-30, August 2-6: Lemon Hill
- August 2-6, August 9-13: Aviator Park
- August 9-13: Gorgas Park
- August 16-20: Penn Treaty Park
- August 23-27, August 30-September 4: Clark Park
- August 30-September 4: Cliveden Park
- September 6-10: Mount Pleasant
- September 13-17: Pretzel Park
- September 20-24: Burholme Park
- September 27-October 1: Powers Park