The second installment of Philadelphia Theatre Company’s free PTC@Play series at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre is just around the corner, kicking off February 29.
This year, PTC@Play will feature brand new plays from five playwrights from around the country, a special workshop of a musical-in-development with music and lyrics by a collection of Broadway giants, as well an evening of short plays by eight local playwrights.
Each playwright will be in-residence for their reading, which will be followed by a reception where audiences can meet the artists. All events begin at 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, February 29 & Thursday, March 1: Philly Reality: Multi-school student performance program
• Monday, March 5: Terrence McNally Award Ceremony; staged reading of Michael Hollinger’s Hope and Gravity; Champagne Reception
• Wednesday, March 7: staged reading of Jen Haley’s The Nether
• Thursday, March 8: staged reading of the new musical Stars of David, by Abigail Pogrebin and Charles Busch
• Friday, March 9: staged reading of Sam Hunter’s When You’re Here
• Saturday, March 10: staged reading of Dominique Morisseau’s Detroit ‘67
• Sunday, March 11: FuturePhilly@Play: An Evening of Short Plays by Local Playwrights; Closing Party featuring the West Philadelphia Orchestra, local brews and more.
When: February 29-March 11
Where: Suzanne Roberts Theatre, Broad and Lombard Streets
More info: www.philadelphiatheatrecompany.org