It’s not truly the fourth of July without fireworks shows filling the sky.
Lucky for us, the Philadelphia area is home to a number of spectacular fireworks shows before, after and on July 4th.
The Benjamin Franklin Parkway hosts its annual blowout fireworks show on Friday, July 4 which immediately follows the free Fourth of July Jam, which this year is featuring Ed Sheeran, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Hudson, Aloe Blacc and The Roots.
THe Delaware River Waterfront hosts the grand finale on Saturday, June 5 as Adventure Aquarium hosts a breathtaking show above the Delaware River.
Beyond the five fireworks shows listed below, there are more displays in the countryside. Check out Visit Philly’s guide to July 4th happenings in the countryside.
Our guide to the best fireworks shows in and around Philadelphia, below.
• Post-Phillies Game XFINITY Fireworks Shows: To celebrate America’s independence, the Phillies illuminate the sky above the stadium following the baseball games against the Marlins on June 26 and the Braves on June 27 and 28. The fireworks occur 15-minutes after each game, so tickets are necessary to catch the action. Lucky for us, tickets are super affordable and available online.
When: Thursday, June 26, Game starts at 7:05 p.m., Fireworks immediately follow; Friday, June 27, Game starts at 7:05 p.m., Fireworks immediately follow; Saturday, June 28, Game starts at 7:15 p.m.; Fireworks immediately follow
Where: Citizens Bank Park, 1 Citizens Bank Way
• Fireworks Salute at Penn’s Landing: Not only can you treat yourself to a free neighborhood concert performed by the Philadelphia Orchestra, but also stick around for a free land-side fireworks show after the concert. Catch the show all along Penn’s Landing (including at the brand-new Spruce Street Harbor Park!).
When: Tuesday, July 1, Concert Start Time, 8 p.m.
Where: Great Plaza at Penn’s Landing, 101 S. Columbus Boulevard
• Philly 4th of July Jam’s Grand Finale Fireworks on the Parkway: Following the largest free concert in the country, a spectacular fireworks show shines high above the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Presented by Wawa Welcome America, the fireworks draw crowds of tens of thousands of people and are visible all throughout Fairmount Park, the Fairmount neighborhood and the Parkway.
When: Friday, July 4, Estimated to begin at 10:30 p.m.
Where: Benjamin Franklin Parkway
• Fireworks and Fountains at Longwood Gardens: Fireworks and Fountains at Longwood Gardens puts on a metaphorical patriotic hat for Independence Day. On Friday, July 4, patriotic musical selections set the stage for an Independence Day celebration complete with a soaring fireworks show and a colorful fountains showcase. The show is tickets, but also includes access to Longwood Gardens all day long.
When: Friday, July 4, 9:15 p.m.
Where: Longwood Gardens, 1001 Longwood Road, Kennett Square
Cost: $38 ages 16 & over, $31 Members ages 16 & over, $22 ages 15 & under, $18 Members ages 15 & under
• The United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own” and Adventure Aquarium Waterfront Fireworks Celebration on the Delaware: One of the nation’s premier musical organizations, the United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own”, returns for a free, patriotic performance at Penn’s Landing. The concert will be immediately followed by a spectacular and enormous fireworks display over the Delaware River. The fireworks are presented by Adventure Aquarium.
When: Saturday, July 5, 8 p.m.
Where: Great Plaza at Penn’s Landing and Camden Waterfront