Have four quarters to spare? How about 100 pennies? That’s all you’ll need to join in the good times on Baltimore Avenue this Thursday.
University City District’s highly anticipated Baltimore Avenue Dollar Stroll makes its grand return for 2015 this week on Thursday, June 25.
The deal-driven street festival fills Baltimore Avenue from 43rd to 51st streets for the first time this season with $1 food, drinks and goods from more than 30 vendors.
From 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., restaurant, bars and vendors will dish out $1 deals of all sort — think mini scoops of ice cream from Little Baby’s, samosas from Desi Village, banana whips from Mariposa Food Co-op, two-minute Muay Thai lessons from 8 Limbs Academy and more.
In addition to food and drinks, guests can also expect performances from musicians, fire artists, jugglers and more.
Access to the evening festival is totally free, just pay for food and drinks as you go. With more than 30 top West Philly vendors and a handful of food trucks lined up to participate, there will be absolutely no shortage of deals to be had.
So grab a few bucks and head out to hit this summertime street fair. For the complete vendor lineup, see below.
Can’t make the stroll this month? The event will return in the fall on Thursday, September 24.
To explore even more about West Philly neighborhoods, and to view the area on a interactive map, check out the full Spruce Hill and Cedar Park guides in the Philadelphia Neighborhoods section on visitphilly.com.
Baltimore Avenue Dollar Stroll
Baltimore Avenue Dollar Stroll Participating Vendors June 2015
• Green Line Cafe, 4239 Baltimore Avenue
Hebrew National hot dogs, carrot dogs, iced coffee and tea
• Milk & Honey Market, 4435 Baltimore Avenue
Bassets ice cream sandwiches
• ZipCar, 45th & Baltimore Avenue
Recycled shopping bags
• Atiya Ola’s Spirit First Foods, 4505 Baltimore Avenue
Green drinks, vegan cookies
• Atiya Ola’s, 4505 Baltimore Avenue
Assorted raw foods, Green Power or ginger drinks and vegan cookies
• Queen of Sheba, 4511-13 Baltimore Avenue
• Fiesta Pizza, 4518 Baltimore Avenue
Pizza, soda, bottled water, ice cream
• Desi Village, 4527 Baltimore Avenue
Samosas, mango lassis, vegetable pakora
• Renata, 4533 Baltimore Avenue
• Gojjo Ethiopian Restaurant and Bar, 4540 Baltimore Avenue
Sambusa, injera roll with veggies, Ethiopian cheesesteak
• 8 Limbs Academy, 4542 Baltimore Avenue
Two-minute Muay Thai lessons
• New Age Realty, 4700 Baltimore Avenue
Carrot cake, vegetarian cheesesteak, french fries
• Lee’s Deli, 4627 Baltimore Avenue
Phillies magnets, Tastykakes, candy
• Dahlak Restaurant, 4708 Baltimore Avenue
Injera wraps (lentil or spinach), tomato salad, spiced iced tea
• Vientiane Café, 4728 Baltimore Avenue
Tofu satay, fresh tofu spring roll, chicken skewers, naam salad
• Cedar Park Neighbors, 4740 Baltimore Avenue
• UC Historical Society, 4740 Baltimore Avenue
A “green” annual e-membership for new members
• Curio Theatre Company, 4740 Baltimore Avenue
Tickets to Curio Theatre Company’s Season 10
• Calvary Center, 4740 Baltimore Avenue
Cans of soda
• Gold Standard, 4800 Baltimore Avenue
• Mariposa Food Co-op, 4824 Baltimore Avenue
Banana whips, beverages
• Little Baby’s Ice Cream, 4903 Catharine Street
Mini Scoops of ice cream
• Greensgrow West, 4912 Baltimore Avenue
Edible herb plant starts
• Dock Street Brewery, 701 S. 50th Street
7 oz. Craft Beer, pint glasses (limited quantities)
• Firehouse Bicycles, 701 S. 50th Street
• VIX Emporium, 5009 Baltimore Avenue
Hand printed “West Philly” patches, notecards, stickers
• Pound Cake Heaven, 5029 Baltimore Avenue
Butter sour cream cake with vanilla icing
Mobile Food Vendors
• The Whirly Pig
Pork croquettes, muffuletta crostini, BLT wrap, pork cheek lettuce wrap, fries, and water
• Jimmie’s Cupcakes
Mini cupcakes, brownies, bottled water
• Milk and Sugar
Mini cupcakes, mini cookies
Spicy mango grilled shrimp skewer
• Samosa Deb